Chemistry is the study of atoms, molecules and materials – their properties, composition and reactions, and how chemical processes work in industrial contexts and in the environment around us.
Chemistry is the scientific study of the properties and behavior of matter.It is a that covers the elements that make up matter to the compounds composedof atoms, molecules and ions:their composition, structure, properties, behavior and the changes they undergo during a reaction with other substances.
In the scope of its subject, chemistry occupies an intermediate position between physics and biology. It is sometimes called the central science because it provides a foundation for understanding both basic and applied scientific disciplines at a fundamental level. For example, chemistry explains aspects of plant chemistry (botany), the formation of igneous rocks (geology), how atmospheric ozone is formed and how environmental pollutants are degraded (ecology), the properties of the soil on the moon (cosmochemistry), how medications work (pharmacology), and how to collect DNA evidence at a crime scene (forensics).
Chemistry addresses topics such as how atoms and molecules interact via chemical bonds to form new chemical compounds. There are two types of chemical bonds: 1. primary chemical bonds e.g covalent bonds, in which atoms share one or more electron(s); ionic bonds, in which an atom donates one or more electrons to another atom to produce ions (cations and anions); metallic bonds and 2. secondary chemical bonds e.g. hydrogen bonds; Van der Waals force bonds, ion-ion interaction, ion-dipole interaction etc.
Department of Chemistry Profile
Name of Department
Department of Chemistry
Maratha Vidya Prasark samaj’s,
Arts & Commerce College Vadner Bhairav,
Tal- Chandwad, Dist- Nashik – 423111.
Year of Establishment
We have affiliated of Savitribai Phule Pune University for UG Level and provided education of general level subject.
Mission of Department
- To achieve excellence in teaching and research. To meet the challenges of a complex, and modern society through informed social outreach.
- To empower through knowledge and information. To develop, enhance, and improve the quality of human resources.
Aims and Objective of Department
- To develop an ability to observe, to analyse and to interpret objectively and to makerational decisions and to solve problems involving chemistry.
- Reflecting the broad nature of the subject and developing chemical tools for continuing furtherstudy in various fields of science.
- To develop an ability to observe, to analyses and to interpret objectively and to make rational decisions and to solve problems involving chemistry.
- A student should be made aware of history of chemistry and hence of its.
- A student should get adequate exposure to global and local concerns that explore them many aspects ofchemical Sciences.
Student Enrollment Statistics Data
|F.Y. B.Sc.- (Physical Chemistry)||33|
|F.Y. B.Sc.- (Organic Chemistry)||33|
|F.Y. B.Sc.- Chemistry Practical||33|