Dr. S. R. Ranganathan (12 August 1892 – 27 September 1972)
Father of Library Science
MVP’s Arts and Commerce College Library, Vadner Bhairav was established with the inception of the college in 2009. Library was established in the year 2009. The college emphasises the creation of conducive environment for teaching, learning and over all personality development. Library has an important role to play in ensuring such a conducive environment. The Library is located in the main building with spacious reading rooms and stack room. Total carpet area of the library is 475.57sq.ft
- The Central Library provides value added services to the students and staff.
- To create the best citizen for nation.
The Central library is committed to providing quality collections, outstanding services and excellent user education to student’s staff and the community to support the college.
- To Identify the user needs regarding Information
- To provide Circulation Service, Reference Service to the Students, Researchers & Staff of the college
- To enrich the information services.
- To support the extracurricular activities conducted by the college.
- “Auto Lib Library Management” Software for Automation.
- Open Access Library
- Computerized Library
- Digital Facility
- Internet Facility to Students and Staff
- Book bank facility
- Support to Students in their Project Work.
- Clipping service
- Support to students for MPSC/UPSC Competitive Exams.
- Library cooperation with sister concern school & colleges.
- Subscriber of N.List E-Resources
- News paper reading facility to the stake holders